We Build For You a Certified Green Home.
Energy Efficient, Healthy To Live In.
Hurricane, Tornado, Fire Resistant,
SAVINGS! Our Certified Green homes are low-cost and economical for living, minimizing utility costs up to 70% compared to traditionally built homes. They have substantially lower insurance premiums. EPA Certified Energy Star homes, FPL Build Smart.
HURRICANE AND TORNADO resistant homes up to 200 mph, fire retardant up to 4 hours, sound suppressant homes. We build homes with super-insulated from both sides, steel rebar reinforced, poured concrete ICF walls. Wind mitigated roof and impact resistant windows will ensure that your home can save your family and your investment from natural disasters. Your family fortress!
HEALTHY INDOOR ENVIRONMENT. We build healthy to live-in homes. Homes are virtually impenetrable to outdoor air pollutants: allergens, contaminants, viruses, bacteria. They suppress noise from the outside and provide moisture and mold control. Combination of our insulation, Air Conditioning system, ventilation and the whole home in-duct air purifier make our homes free up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses. EPA Indoor airPLUS certified
AGING IN YOUR OWN HOME, NOT A NURSING HOME! Florida Green Construction strives to make that desire a reality for more people by helping seniors, their family members and their caregivers prepare their homes and their lives for successful aging in your own home
LUXURY LIVING AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE! Exclusive design and luxury interior features. Real wood cabinets, soft-close doors and drawers, granite countertops. Stainless steel kitchen appliances with exhaust hood to the outside. Tiled shower walls in the bathrooms. Luxury trim package. Tray ceilings with crown moldings per plan. Tile and laminate flooring. Covered porch and much more.
INCREASE RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT! In addition to being healthy and economical, Florida Green Construction build homes with sustainable construction technologies. This will keep your home competitive in the future housing market, with newly built homes. Buying a Green home, you are making the best investment for your family. Homes of the future at today's pricing!
- You can customize any of our floor plans or bring yours. We are a custom builder and build designer homes.
- We can help you find property.
- We can help you find a lender to finance your construction.
- We can modify our plans for Aging in Place features.
- We will provide full service property management for you, if you are not ready to move into your new home.
Florida Green Construction is excited to receive an excellent review from "15 lightyears", the official certifier from Florida Green Building Coalition:
“We provide the Energy Rating and Green Certifications for all of their homes. For the past several years, it has been a pleasure working with Florida Green Construction.
Gene, Jeff and the entire rest of the team there really strive to build an exceptional product, from lot, to foundation, to roof. There are not many builders that maintain such a high level of specifications when concerning energy efficiency, water efficiency, indoor air quality, and durability.
As a matter of fact, all of their homes are built with the specifications to achieve the Platinum Level Certification, for sustainable building with the Florida Green Building Coalition Certification Program. This is an amazing feat!!”
Tim Smith "15 lightyears" | Chief Operating Officer
Florida Green Building Coalition Approved Certifying Agent.
EPA thanks Florida Green Construction, Inc. for its outstanding commitment to energy-efficient new Green homes.
Dear Gene Slone,
Vice-President of Florida Green Construction, Inc.
The U.S. EPA appreciates the contributions that Florida Green Construction, Inc. has made in support of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Through your partnership, you are helping homebuyers experience the peace of mind, quality, comfort, and value that come with living in an ENERGY STAR certified home.
The ENERGY STAR Certified Homes team
WE ARE A FLORIDA CERTIFIED MASTER BUILDER.
We build certified green homes. Highly energy efficient, healthy to live in. Hurricane & fire resistant.
|Susan||2/ 2 /2||1,238 / 2,018|
|Susan w/office||2/ 2 /office/2||1,408 / 2,136|
|Kate||3/ 2 /2||1,366 / 2,011|
|Denise||3/ 2 /2||1,448 / 2,157|
|Daniella||3/ 2 /2||1,502 / 2,242|
|Daniella II||3/ 3 /2||1,608 / 2,355|
|Palm II||3/ 2 /2||1,741 / 2,481|
|Kayla||4/ 2 /2||1,853 / 2,563|
|Kayla II||4/ 3 /2||2,062 / 2,753|
|Lucy||3/ 2 / Den/2||1,911 / 2,726|
|Diane||3/ 2 /2||2,002 / 2,662|
|Lana||3/ 2 /Den /2||2,090 / 2,770|
|Megan||3/ 3 /2||2,135 / 3,028|
|Alisa||3/ 2 /2||2,174 / 3,095|
|Maria||3/ 2 /Den /2||2,400 / 3,278|
|Maria w/Bonus Room||3/ 3 /2||2,814 / 3,822|
|Amanda||3/ 2 /Den /2||2,700 / 3,678|
|Amanda w/Bonus Room||3/ 3.5 /Bonus /2||3,056 / 4,241|
|Birchwood||3/ 3 / Den/2||2,716 / 3,559|
|Birchwood 2 Story||4/ 4 / Den/2||3,228 / 4,152|
|TWO FAMILY HOMES (DUPLEXES)|
|Eva||5/4 /2||2,484 / 3,825|
|Renee||6/4 /4||2,632 / 3,966|
Certified green homes technologies
- From 9’4” up to 14’ high concrete block exterior walls per plan.
- Monolithic slab foundation, minimum 20-inch footers with at least two #5 rebar reinforcements.
- 3000 PSI fiber-mesh concrete to reduce cracking in all slabs.
- Wind Mitigated roof: no ridge vent, because of enclosed envelope design with the roof insulation
- Engineered roof truss system withstands up to 140 mph wind with hurricane straps set in concrete walls.
- 7/16” OSB roof sheathing.
- 40 Mil. Self-adhering Peel & Seal underlayment applied under shingles for double protection from leaks.
- Mildew and fungus resistant, fiberglass dimensional roof shingles with 30-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Spray foam open cell roof insulation. 5 ½” above A/C areas and 3 ½” above garage. Applied directly to the bottom of the roof decking, reducing energy intake.
- Maintenance free aluminum fascia and vinyl soffit
- Exterior walls finished with 2 layers of stucco
- Exterior walls coasted with 2 coats of high-quality paint for long life and low maintenance
- Energy-efficient, Low-E, double pane, insulated, single hung, vinyl windows throughout
- Energy Star® 16 SEER central A/C system with heat pump (sized per plan)
- Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifier. Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold, and viruses.
- Constant fresh air flow from the outside. Returns in all bedrooms
- Low VOC interior & exterior paint
- Certified FPL BuildSmart home
- EPA Certified Energy Star home
- Certified Net Zero Ready home
- Up to 70% savings on your utility bills
- Certified Green by Florida Green Building Coalition
- Wood cabinets with choice of finish and color.
- Granite vanity tops with under mount sinks and 4” back splash in all bathrooms
- Roman garden tub in Master Bath (per plan).
- Master Bath with recessed showers with tile walls (per plan).
- Secondary baths: steel tub with tile walls or fiberglass shower unit (per plan).
- Exhaust fan in all baths vented outside.
- Designer mirror over vanity cabinets
- Water efficient faucets, shower heads and elongated toilets.
- 36" or 42” solid wood kitchen cabinets per plan with choice of colors.
- Soft close & full extension drawers
- Controlled Blumotion hinges.
- Crown molding above kitchen cabinets
- Undermounted insulated stainless steel sink.
- Garbage disposal.
- Granite counter tops with under mount sink and 4” back splash
- Pantry closet with light (per plan).
- Stainless steel Energy Star® appliances, vented outside microwave, dishwasher, and glass top range.
- Water Efficient kitchen faucets with veggie spray.
- Ice maker water line to refrigerator.
- $1,000 builder allowance.
Comfort and Convenience
- On-Site planning meetings during construction and designing of interior.
- 2 exterior hose bibs for your convenience.
- 2 weatherproof outdoor electrical receptacles and GFI receptacles in kitchen, bathrooms, and garage.
- Air supply in all walk-in closets.
- 200-amp electric service with copper distribution system.
- Pre-wired for up to 5 ceiling fans, 2 phones and 4 TV outlets per customer choice.
- Washer/Dryer hookup included.
- Dryer exhaust vent and washer water shut-off valve in laundry room.
- Top and bottoms of all doors painted to prevent swelling.
- Door chimes in house and porch.
- Dead bolt locks on all exterior doors.
- Smoke detectors with carbon monoxide censors and battery back-up installed.
- Brushed concrete driveway and front walks 25’ long by 16’ wide including apron.
- Two exterior garage coach lights.
- Pull down attic stairs with light in attic.
- Garage door opener with two remotes
Designer Features and Elegant Interiors
- Raised front entry
- Covered porch under roof
- Rounded drywall corners in all formal living areas.
- Orange peel-finish on all interior walls.
- Dramatic knockdown texture ceilings.
- Tray ceilings as per plan
- High quality door handle sets on all doors.
- Marble windowsills throughout.
- 6’8” or 8’ (per plan) fiberglass solid insulated core front door.
- Semi-gloss paint on all wood trim.
- 6’8” feet interior doors or 8’ (per plan) interior door
- Tile Floors in foyer, kitchen, nook, bathrooms, and laundry room.
- Laminate flooring in all other rooms.
- Ventilated shelving in all closets and pantry.
- Recessed can lighting per plan.
- $500 builder allowance for lighting fixtures.
- Site clearing up to 10,000 sq. ft. and fill dirt allowance of up to 20 loads.
- Subterranean termite treatment of the entire footprint of the home, under the slab and around exterior.
- Up to 5,000 sq. ft. Bahia sod.
- Drip line irrigation in all flower beds
- Culvert for the driveway if required.
- 1-year Builder Warranty
- 10 years Bonded Builders Structural Warranty.
- Transferable bond upon sale of home.
- 5- year manufacturers’ warranty on entire A/C system, compressor and heat pump.
- year manufacturer’s warranty on all major appliances
- 1-year renewable bond on soil termite treatment.
- Green Certifications
UPGRADE TO A hurricane resistant home
- ICF Exterior Walls (insulated concrete form wall construction.) ICF steel rebar reinforced 4” poured concrete walls with 2 ½” expanded polystyrene insulation on both sides with up to R-29 insulation value.
- ICF exterior walls are capable of withstanding up to 200 mph winds and flying debris, fire resistant up to 4 hours and sound suppressant.
- Finished and painted insulated garage walls
- Spray Foam open cell roof insulation above garage
- Insulated, hurricane resistant reinforced raised panel garage door.
- Epoxy painted garage floor
- Substantially lower insurance premiums!
- Prewire for gas generator
- Propane Generator to power home
- Hurricane Shutters
- Impact Resistant Glass
- Solar Hot Water System with 80 Gallon Tank
- Third car garage
- Tray ceilings with crown moldings
- Gutters around the perimeter of roof
- Pool with screen enclosure
Aging in place upgrades
- Ramp front entry porch
- Ramp area from garage into home
- Access to rear lanai to be ramped
- Make all doors 36” width when possible
- Accessible Bathroom. Master bathrooms should have enlarged showers 4’7” wide when possible
- 36” width entrance into showers when possible
- Grab bars installed in bathrooms
- Paint Home with Soothing
- 2 separate vanities with one at standard height and one at Accessible height
- Removable & Adjustable Shower Heads
- Removable ADA approved seat in shower
- Bypass closet doors on closets instead of bifold
- Front load washer and dryer on a 12” raised platform/ shelf
- Front mounted controls on the stove/ range
- Countertop microwaves
- Lighting under the wall cabinets
- Pull out shelves in lower kitchen cabinets